EPA Licence Compliance (PIRMP)
For EPA Licence Compliance, licensees are required to prepare pollution incident response management plans for each licensed activity, in accordance with the requirements set out in Part 5.7A of the Protection of the Environment Operations (POEO) Act. Plans are tested at least annually and within one month of a pollution incident.
According to the Act:
“Plans must include details on the nature and objectives of any staff training program on implementing the plans. Details of the training program must include the frequency of training, how the training is documented and the period the records will be kept. Training could include toolbox talks, formal staff training on incident management, undertaking simulated incident exercises, including with emergency services. The training needs to be suitable for the level of risk and likelihood of incidents.”
The team at Akuna Services will consult with you to understand your policies, procedures and requirements so we can tailor your training program to achieve EPA Licence Compliance for PIRMP.
- Maximum 20 people per session (unless otherwise agreed)
- Sessions of 60 – 90 minutes
- Interactive P.I.R.M.P test session
- Practical demonstration to test procedures utilising your system.
- Spill demonstration included (mock spill)
- Customised for each specific site where training is delivered